Assistant Manager, IT
Regular Full-Time (35 Hours per Week)
ART + AUDIENCE + LEARNING
The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) is among the most distinguished museums in North America and is committed to making great art accessible to all. The AGO’s promise is to inspire current and future generations to see themselves in the art that we present and to create meaningful art experiences that provoke dialogue, offer new perspectives and stimulate creativity. The AGO brings transformative art experiences to life and believes in the power of art to start a dialogue, create community and change lives.
The AGO is in the midst of an ambitious, Gallery-wide reinstallation project, and is developing a bold new 10-year vision to ensure its position as a leader in the global conversation about contemporary issues.
If you are seeking a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment then the position of Assistant Manager, IT may be the right challenge for you!
Reporting to the Associate Director, IT, this position manages the day-to-day operation of the Information Technology Team, including the evaluation, recommendation, acquisition and administration of related systems.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- 2-5 years’ experience in all stages of Information Technology projects with emphasis on project and team management, estimating resources and critical path identification in a diverse computing environment.
- Well developed working experience and knowledge of client/server systems
- Demonstrated experience of e-service, e-business infrastructure.
- Well developed familiarity and demonstrated experience with many or all of the following:
- Intel-based File and Application Servers.
- Firewall and Proxy solutions (i.e. ISA 2000, Cisco PIX).
- Internet Traffic and Content Management devices.
- Remote Access and VPN solutions (OWA, IPSec/SSL VPN).
- Intrusion Detection Systems and Network Vulnerability Assessment.
- Anti-Virus products.
- Web site traffic analysis and Firewall reporting solutions.
- Directory Services (Active Directory, LDAP).
- Operating Systems (OS/400, Unix/Linux, Windows 2008R2 and above).
- Storage Management, including disk- and tape-based backup systems
- SQL based database systems, and custom reporting software
- Demonstrated advanced level skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Visio)
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skill, and proven experience interacting and influencing colleagues across various functions and levels of the organization.
- Well developed time management skills, and ability to prioritize across multiple project teams.
What are some of the benefits and highlights of working at the AGO?
- Competitive salary
- Employee health, dental, and vision care benefits
- Discounts from the Provincial/City Reciprocal Agreements (Free admission to museums, the CN Tower & discounts off
amusement parks, city attractions, hotels, wine tours, Second City, the Ontario Science Centre, and much more!)
- Discounts to Goodlife Fitness
- Free tickets to every major exhibit at AGO
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply by visiting our website at https://ago.ca/jobs-and-volunteering.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
The Art Gallery of Ontario is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants but must advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.