Here's To Your Journey with Westin
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The Westin Edmonton, located at 10135 100 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J0N7 is currently hiring a Assistant Operations Manager - Food and Beverage.
Assists with supervising Food and Beverage (F&B)/culinary daily operations, and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards, and procedures. . Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies, and uniforms. Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met. Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Assists with uupervising daily F&B/culinary shift operations and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
- Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g.,General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Stays readily available/approachable for all team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Stays readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Performs hourly job function if necessary.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/20005227?%3Flang=en-us/&src=JB-11
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: The Westin Edmonton takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.