Come on and join the Party! PARTY CITY is currently looking for a Full Time Operations Specialist (Assistant Manager) for our Kitchener location.
Party City is the leader in the party goods industry. Party City operates more than 800 company-owned and franchise stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
By becoming apart of the team, you will experience a fun and friendly environment with energetic, goal-oriented individuals and plenty of opportunity for career growth! If you have a positive attitude, the drive to succeed and love working in a fast-paced, high energy environment, consider becoming the newest member of the Party City team.
Job Summary: Manage store operations, follow company-wide schedule of promotions and specials, scheduling working hours and supervising associates in stocking merchandise, arranging displays, operating checkout stations and provide exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Retains personnel and performs administrative duties:
- Recruits all hourly associates.
- Interviews job applicants for Sales Associate positions, checks references, conducts background checks and offers position for employment.
- Completes and submits new hire paperwork.
- Partners with HRM for coaching and counseling of associates, promotes or terminates when applicable.
- Conducts performance reviews of all store employees.
- Facilitates Orientation for all associates.
- Responsible for all employee relations.
- Writes weekly schedules to ensure proper coverage within corporate guidelines.
- Schedules work hours for all personnel with extra personnel assigned to handle peak customer traffic while minimizing total hours worked.
- Effectively communicates with the District Manager in regards to the store’s issues
- Refers all outside solicitations and requests to the District Manager
- Supervises training of all new associates to operate cash registers, handle credit card sales, treat customers in a courteous manner and become familiar with merchandise and its location within the store. Utilizing top 10 standards for customer service.
Store Appearance and Maintenance:
- Follows company schedule for special promotions and sales.
- Oversees merchandise displays.
- Supervises all aspects of store maintenance and appearance to ensure compliance with Party City standards (cleanliness of store, etc).
- Confirms that all special price signs are posted and registers have been updates to reflect daily price changes.
Ordering and Merchandising:
- Orders merchandise and trains the Executive and Assistant Managers to do the same.
- Makes periodical physical spot checks of inventory to ensure that computerized records are being maintained accurately.
- Oversees all aspects of store merchandising while adhering to Party City merchandising philosophies, policies and procedures (maintaining plan-o-grams, seasonal set-ups, etc).
Supervises Inventory Verification, Receiving and Cash Register Functions:
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the POS system and for controlling and minimizing shrinkage.
- Oversees receiving functions by ensuring that all receipts, transfers and RTVs are accurately recorded and verified. Ensures Receiver has been trained properlyOversees all aspects of the cash register functions by ensuring compliance with cash handling and bank deposit policies.
- Checks daily sales reports and cash receipts. Ensures the FES has been trained properly
- Makes sure that all monies are deposited regularly and that reports are sent to the central accounting office in a timely manner.
- Provides and maintains customer service
- Monitors activity within the store to observe quality of customer service and provides assistance as required.
- Responsible and accountable for “P & L” (profit and labour)
- Maintains store payroll budgets.
- Manages controllable expenses.
- Develops EAM/AM towards promotability.
- Manages/Analyzes the business through P & L statements
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/comprehensions.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff.
- Leadership skills
- Results driven
- Strong Customer Service
- Delegation skills
- Hands on merchandising
- Execution with urgency
- Technology Oriented – computer skills – Email, Word, Excel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of retail experience desired.
- Less formal education and more on-the-job experience may be substitute
Why join the team?
- We offer a competitive salary,
- great working environment,
- incredible advancement opportunities in retail
- comprehensive benefit package including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance
- Associate discount
- and much so more!
If you have 3-5 years of experience in a management role preferably in a retail environment. We have an excellent opportunity for you! Please forward your resume to Kim Lacombe at email@example.com indicating the position and city you are applying for in the subject line.
We review every application in detail, and we will reach out to you if you are selected for consideration.
For more information about party city please visit our website at www.partycity.ca.