Assistant to Controller and Corporate Secretary
As a member of our Administration team, you will be responsible for supporting Vineland’s Financial Controller and Corporate Secretary on a daily basis, and our Leadership team as needed. In this dual reporting role, you will as:
- Assistant to the Vineland Controller, you will support the Controller with:
- Financial management in fund accounting and/or grant reporting.
- Financial project reporting, such as monthly and quarterly reports.
- Setting up projects in the financial system, preparing invoices, assistance with year-end working papers.
- Providing back up to Vineland’s purchasing and accounts payable functions.
- The utilization of Vineland’s client relationship management system.
- Other activities as directed by the Controller
- Assistant to the Corporate Secretary, you will support the Corporate Secretary with:
- Creating and maintaining appropriate databases and repositories of organizational data, including organizational metrics and key performance indicators.
- Providing support with Board operations, records and logistics as required, including scheduling, travel arrangements, preparation of expense claims, and records maintenance.
- Researching and compiling information for specific purposes including policy directions, governance and operational reports as needed
- Other activities as directed by the Corporate Secretary
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma required.
- 2+ years of general accounting, bookkeeping experience and administrative support.
- Corporate governance administration experience is useful.
- Experience managing board & committee processes.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Business Corporations Act and Ontario Corporations Act.
- Good written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Analytical, problem solving skills.
- Discretion with confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Confidence and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office. (Specifically Excel/Word/Outlook)
Contract position to Mar. 31/2022
Includes Health & Dental Benefits