Why work for Lafarge?
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The Assistant to the CEO/Learning & Development Coordinator position provides an opportunity to deliver a high level of executive administrative support while building a career opportunity in the HR field. As Assistant to the CEO the position will work to manage the activities of the CEO including calendar management, event planning, and travel arrangements, while illustrating an affinity for professionalism, time management, and organization. As Assistant to the CEO, the position will also be responsible for Office Management duties, including the supervision of the Receptionist/Office Administrator. As Learning & Development Coordinator, the position will focus on the coordination, logistics, and administration of our face to face and on-line training programs.
- Coordinate calendars - ensure effective coordination and scheduling of appointments, meetings and activities for and with CEO and Executive team
- Organize Executive Committee Meetings including but not limited to: schedule coordination, agenda preparation, and set up/facilitation assistance on the day of the meeting
- Determine and prepare agendas for Executive meetings for review with CEO
- Take minutes of Executive meetings, and disseminate professional versions post meeting to those in attendance
- Manage and coordinate corporate events/meetings as required by the CEO and Executive team
- Ensure that all equipment required for face to face meetings, video or conference calls is available and in working order prior to the meeting
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, assist the CEO with calendar and e-mail management
- Prepare, compose and initiate various documents, often confidential in nature, such as letters, correspondence, memoranda, agendas, reports, minutes, quotations, notices, postings, tables, forms, spreadsheets, presentation material choosing the appropriate means of communication, including the preparation of materials for executive meetings.
- Acts as an ambassador for visiting executives
- Processing of expenses for the CEO as well as the Executive Committee
- Prepare both domestic and international travel/hotel/car arrangements for CEO, Executive Committee, and any visitors
- Provide a contact point for all persons to contact the CEO, understanding the priority of the contact and acting as an ambassador to all of the CEO’s contacts
- Support the Executive Committee in preparing reports, memos, letters, acting as gatekeeper for documents shared by the Executive Committee
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision of Receptionist/Office Coordinator and other temp office staff.
- Responsible for managing all vendors and supplies for the Head office.
- Work with Safety to ensure that the office building Emergency Response Plan and safety plans are kept current and are communicated to all employees and occupants.
- Oversee the creation of all office visitor orientation materials and ensure that all office visitors are oriented for safety.
- Responsible for communications to all office employees regarding office-related matters such as cleaning, fire alarms, repairs, etc.
- First contact for high profile visitors
- Manage repairs and maintenance for the office building and systems as required.
- Provide general office support as required (e.g.: answer phones, open and distribute mail, establish and maintain filing systems, process invoices and expense reports, etc.)
- Maintain an up to date WCAN directory and contact list
- Ensure payment of invoices for building-related expenses.
- Coordinate office, furniture, and related moves and deliveries:
- Ensuring office floor plan is up to date incorporating new and departing employees
- Organizing internal office moves as required
Learning & Development Coordination:
- Supporting the Talent team in all facets of Learning & Development, including administration, coordination, and logistics
- Supporting the delivery of L&D programs (in-class, e-learning and virtual) from planning through to implementation
- Maintains training calendar, curriculum, course content/material and training records
- Reporting on training completion and generating post-training reports to capture effectiveness
- Coordinating logistics of in-person training sessions and events, including pre-delivery and post-delivery functions
- Supporting e-learning content through Convergence and Percipio
- Developing supporting learning material, including reference guides, handouts and FAQs that will enhance and promote user adoption
- Assist with sourcing and recommend the selection of external training consultants and contractors as needed
- Manage L&D related invoices and submit for payment
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required by the Talent team, and the broader HR team
Relationship with Other Jobs:
- Reports directly to the WCAN CEO
- Supports to the Functional Executives (Finance, Environment, HR, Communications and Health & Safety
- Supports Talent/HR team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Education
Experience and Skill Set:
- 3+ years’ administrative experience in a corporate environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine interest in Human Resources and Learning & Development
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at differing levels within the organization
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Must be flexible, able to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities, with required urgency
- Must have the ability to diplomatically negotiate deadlines and deliverables
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills so as to complete assignments and produce accurate work products in a timely manner without follow-up
- Take initiative to research and solve problems
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop/PageMaker, SAP (asset), Fiori (asset)
- Balances the need to be a gatekeeper with the need to also be collaborative
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Bilingual skills (English and French), an asset.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.