Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Garson LLP (allied with Deloitte LLP) is currently seeking US Immigration Attorneys at all skill levels to join our rapidly growing team! The successful candidates will be responsible for managing multiple, challenging US business immigration accounts. The position offers excellent opportunities for career advancement to the right candidates.
As an Attorney, you will be responsible for the followin
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of US immigration law and applying this knowledge to client situations.
- Counseling and responding to queries from human resources, general counsel, managers and employees on all US immigration-related matters. This would include nonimmigrant and immigrant status processing, documentation, visa options, admissibility issues, risks, timelines, etc.
- Supporting clients in immigration program management and compliance.
- Coordinating and supervising the work of Case Managers, Immigration Administrators and other client-service team members.
- Preparing and reviewing applications and petitions for US employment authorization to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) for nonimmigrant and immigrant status.
- Advocating legal and factual arguments in written response to RFEs, RFIs, Audits, MTRs, RFRs and Appeals.
- Facilitating the legal movement of employees across borders for business travel.
- Staying up-to-date with any changes to US immigration law and procedure; advising other staff members along with clients on these changes.
External Posting Qualifications
- Juris Doctor, along with admission to any US State bar.
- Seeking candidates of all experience levels. Prior business immigration experience in a high-volume business immigration work environment preferred.
- Prior experience with H-1B, L-1, PERM and AOS preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced client-focused environment.
- Experience working in a team environment. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.