IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $158 billion in total assets under management as of February 28, 2019. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Did you know that IGM Financial is a leading financial services provider in Canada with a #2 position in mutual fund market share? Our in-market brands include Investor’s Group, Mackenzie Investments, and Investment Planning Counsel. We are also proud investors of Portag3, Wealthsimple, and China AMC.
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) provides creative leadership primarily in copy but also design direction to the in-house agency. This position is responsible for connecting the creative approach to the business strategy. Working with creative teams, the Associate Creative Director guides the concept creation and sets the creative direction. The Associate Creative Director is responsible for supporting their peers in Production Management in managing senior client relationships, creating workflow efficiencies and providing support to clients. The Associate Creative Director must be able to convincingly present creative concepts to all parties. This person must exhibit outstanding creative judgment and guide the creative services team in achieving the highest possible standards appropriate for all materials regardless of medium. The Associate Creative Director obtains a working knowledge of clients’ business challenges and leads innovative and conceptual solutions to address those challenges, getting personally involved on high profile and complex creative challenges.
- Guide and deliver large-scale Tier 1 project activities to execution through open communication with creative integrity.
- Lead the quality of creative work by inspiring excellence, providing direction and constructive feedback,
- Partner with clients to articulate creative needs concisely and completely to achieve effective outcomes efficiently, appropriately balancing client desires, business requirements and marketing strategies
- Lead with passion, guide & coach the team on career direction, development, growth and performance
- Foster a team spirit that is reflective of their collective personalities
- Inspire creative excellence by pushing the boundaries of brand guidelines. Direct team as brand advocates, encourage and develop new interpretations of the brand standards and out-of-the-box approaches to grow the brands’ identities to meet ever expanding company needs
- Facilitate resourcing on projects, guide the workload, develop creative strategies to address marketing and business objectives
- Take a creative vision and communicate it to the executing team that’s bringing the vision to life. Assess creative work to ensure ideas are as powerful in reality as they are in concept
- Provide creative quality control over concepts and execution
- Embrace a deep connection to current trends and the media landscape
- Look for opportunities to enhance efficiencies in processes & work flow
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Fine Arts preferred, preferably in design, advertising, English, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience required; five as an art director or copywriter, as well formal leadership/management experience required
- In-house agency experience required, external agency experience desired
- Promote a solution-oriented mentality across the creative team
- Working knowledge in industry-standard software and tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Workfront, and online market research
- Experience in brand development in all multichannel marketing (Social, Digital, Apps, Experiential, Events, TV, Print, OOH etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage differing viewpoints so the final product remains true to the objective
- Hands-on experience in creative disciplines: design, copywriting, video production
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by July 22, 2019. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 13. The referral bonus for this position is 3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.