At Santen, we are innovating therapies to improve the quality of life for patients worldwide. Our single focus in ophthalmology enables us to challenge unmet needs in the field—through passionate research, successful collaboration, and clarity of commitment. With over 130 years of investigative insight, Santen remains committed to the discovery, exploration, and development of ophthalmic therapies. As a global company, Santen is expanding to accommodate new and evolving initiatives in ophthalmic research, regulatory management, production, marketing, or distribution. Our clinical development network spans three continents, with centers in Europe, Japan, and the United States.
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our aggressive and important goals.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Associate Product Manager will be responsible for working as a part of the brand team to successfully market existing and new products in Canada. The primary responsibilities of the Associate Product Manager will be to manage the execution of marketing support for the field team, along with conference materials. This includes close cross-functional collaboration across the organization and management of digital and print production, inventory, and fulfillment of promotional materials. This role will report into Head of Canada and will support the Directors of Sales and Marketing, in brand plan development and tactical implementation, This is a great chance to also expand into other areas and project work to support the growing Canadian business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Collaborate the Directors of Sales and Marketing for the development and execution of marketing programs and materials (e., HCP educational materials, sales aids, disease education materials, product websites, videos, etc.)
- Execute promotional strategy for conferences, which will include the booth development in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Support the Directors of Sales & Marketing in Business Needs Assessment creation
- Management of partner agencies to deliver projects within assigned budget and timelines
- Work with the Directors of Sales & Marketing to support the development brand messages and materials that will resonate with the health care professional (HCP) and patient communities and for KOL development
- Participate in message and material testing with physicians and other key stakeholders, in market research, at advisory boards, and in 1:1 meetings, to ensure that materials are relevant, informative, and communicate key information about the product
- Support the Directors of Sales & Marketing to create and develop patient support program and related patient materials
- Support the execution of sales training program as instructed by the Directors of Sales & Marketing
- Support the Directors of Sales & Marketing to refine brand positioning based on market research, competitor activity, and clinical data
- Aid in the development corporate disease awareness campaign
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to develop plan for internal communication of brand goals and objectives and corporate branding tactics in Canada
- Act as back up for the Directors Sales & Marketing as needed, providing the commercial perspective on a variety of cross-functional teams
- Logistical support to the sales team on overall field activities (e., CME and OLA programs)
- Participates in the development of budgets, budget tracking, business analysis, operating plans, sales forecasts, and quarterly updates.
- CRM management and technical support the sales team
- Coordinate feedback form the field force to gain insights on current and prosed marketing tools
- Submission and management of all materials through PromoMats as required
- Ensure that all activities are executed in accordance with internal Santen policies and adhere to Canadian legal and compliance parameters Represent materials at Promotional Review Committee (PRC) and obtain approval from that group; ensure that all activities are executed in accordance with internal Santen policies and Canadian legal and compliance parameters
- Other projects that arise on an as-needed basis to support the Directors of Sales & Marketing and the Canadian commercial organization as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, life sciences or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical or other healthcare sector work experience
- Specialty pharma or biotech sales experience required with launch experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of marketing to include but not limited to positioning, product marketing, training, promotion, etc.
- Previous market planning experience, including market research planning and execution is desirable
- Ophthalmology experience is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and ensure key stakeholder satisfaction
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate with and influence a diverse cross-functional team.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and customers at the same time, combined with effective time management skills to ensure on-time delivery of products.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects to drive business opportunities and meet brand objectives
- A proven ability to develop relationships with sales force and internal departments to support marketing strategies and drive business results.
- French is an asset
- Willingness to travel to various conferences, HCP sites, including overnight trips and some international travel may be required
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com