|Applicants to this job posting will be considered for the Interior, BC market area.|
|The Assistant Department Manager, Photo Electronics is a developmental position used to educate and prepare the individual for the responsibilities of the Department Manager position. This person is responsible for assisting the Department Manager in directing staff to maintain merchandising, customer service, and operational standards within the department as well as other management duties as required. |
In addition to the above duties, this is also a customer service position which requires a great deal of customer contact. Accordingly, applicants must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
|Minimum requirements to be considered for this position:|
• Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum one year of management retail experience, however applicants without management experience may also be considered.
• Extensive knowledge of Photographic and Electronic products.
• A commitment to staying current with changes in the relevant technology and innovations in the industry through independent research, training materials, seminars, and awareness of competitive activity.
• Professional sales experience.
• A positive attitude, support of Company initiatives, and commitment to achieving Company objectives. Proven ability to build the business.
• Dedication to following and enforcing all Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, employees, and management.
• Well organized, able to work independently.
• Sound supervisory, delegation, and leadership skills
|Employees will be scheduled a minimum of 1456 hours per year and must be available to work a flexible schedule, Sunday to Saturday, day and evening shifts.|
|London Drugs wishes to thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.|