Job DescriptionJob Title: ASTAT Clinician (Social Worker)Work Site: Mental Health Adult, Powell River Mental Health - Powell River, BCStatus: Temporary Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possible until approximately January 1, 2021Salary: $34.26 - $42.73 per hourHours: 0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off.Reference#: 122249-nmo
Come work as an ASTAT (Adult Short Term Assessment & Treatment) Clinician in Powell River, BC with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree OR Bachelor's Degree to join the Mental Health Adult team in Powell River, BC as an ASTAT Clinician. Apply today to join our team!
As an ASTAT (Adult Short Term Assessment & Treatment) Clinician, you will:
- Provide assessment, treatment, including individual, group and/or family therapy, and referral services to adults who have psychiatric problems.
- Act as a resource person in the area of mental health to Mental Health Centre staff, community agencies or other government ministries, and work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams within the Mental Health Centre and the community.
- Participate in the provision of education programs.
- Participate in planning, program development and policy recommendations pertaining to general mental health issues.
- Provide program related services impacting the Centre’s staff and clients.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- M.S.W. with 2 years experience or B.S.W. with 3 years experience
- Eligible for registration with the BC College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Several years of experience and demonstrated working knowledge with recognized forms of intervention and with symptoms of mental illness;
- Proven ability to identify and deal with negative as well as positive aspects of individuals who are in crisis, whose behavior is dysfunctional and disordered;
- Proven ability to encourage families and caregivers to participate in the treatment process based on specified care plan;
- Advanced knowledge of community resources which can provide emergency interventions, counseling and personal skills development.
- Clinical assessment, including goal setting and treatment recommendations;
- Knowledge and skills in abbreviated treatment models and in appropriate interventions for individuals in crisis;
- Positive advocacy for adults and issues that affect their wellness;
- Community programming and development;
- Proven capacity to give educational workshops on topics pertaining to mental health; and
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer hardware/software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.