Roles and Responsibilities
- Consult with OPIs, third parties, other government institutions and the general public in relation to information requested under the ATIP legislation.
- Coordinate the gathering and review of all documents relating to ATIP requests in order to interpret and apply the ATIP legislation
- Process highly complex and potentially controversial ATIP files and perform all related administrative tasks.
- Deal with and manage various issues and complexities, such as determining the scope of the requests, relevancy of records, and the statutory right of access to information
- Regularly interact with or as needed, seek out confirmation and direction from either the Offices of the Information Commissioner and the Privacy Commissioner regarding the processing of requests
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the review and analysis of documents responsive to ATIP requests in a an advisory role in the ATIP area within a Federal Government ATIP office.
- Working experience in MS Office Suite, AccessPro Redaction, AccessPro Case Management and AccessPro Case Management Redaction.