Traverse Independence supports adults with physical disabilities and acquired brain injuries (ABI) to live independently in the community. As a centre of excellence, we empower and connect clients on their journey to independence.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for assisting adults with an ABI and/or physical disability with activities of daily living according to client's Attendant Services Agreement. Paid training provided.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Client oral care, foot care, bowel and bladder care, bathing/showering, dressing and undressing, meal planning and preparation, feeding, laundry, light housekeeping, assisting with prescribed therapies such as speech, physiotherapy, administering of medications, community outings, swimming program, transferring, turning and repositioning of client.
- Secondary School graduate
- Personal Support Worker certificate preferred
- Experience providing personal care to clients with disabilities
- Knowledge of ABI an asset
- Computer skills, Charting in database
- Flexibility and dependability
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral English)
- Criminal Record Check (must not be older than 6 months from date of hire)
- Valid Level C CPR/First Aid
- TB Skin Test
- Reliable transportation
Traverse Independence is committed to building an accessible and barrier-free workplace that provides employment accommodation for employees with injuries, illnesses or disabilities in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Contact our Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now.