At Alliance Youth Services Inc, we strive to build the capacity and skills of individuals, families, caregivers and agencies to improve the quality of life for the individuals we serve. We provide a wide variety of services including Specialized Foster Care for children and adults, Staff Model Residences, Consultation for FASD or challenging behaviour, and FASD Training for agencies and caregivers, as well as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Position Title: Autism Support Worker
Location: Peel Region, Brampton
Duration: Full-time, Part-time, Overnights, days, evenings
Rate: $18.50 per hour
Application Deadline: July 18th, 2020
We are hiring for FT, PT, Overnight, Days and Evenings
- Follow the strategies implemented for individuals with ASD
- Supervise and coach client and ensure that he is receiving exceptional daily care.
- Follow program set out by the Behaviour Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist
- Work within the staff team and sharing of responsibilities.
- Assist with the execution of Plan of Cares and client goals.
- Follow the recreational schedule and ensure the clients are engaged.
- Ensure maintenance, safety and cleanliness of residence and report any issues that require attention to the Team Lead.
- Medication administration as per policy
- Post-Secondary education in the social sciences
- At least 1-year experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Proven ability to provide direction, manage people and programs effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, WORD)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimumG2 and a reliable vehicle.
- A clear vulnerable sector police check
Please send your letter of interest to Karen Catney email@example.com
At Alliance Youth Services the health and welfare of all employees and their families is of great importance. AYS provides group health benefits to all Full-Time employees who work 40 hours weekly and to all Part-Time employees who have a contract for at least 24 hours weekly.