The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
POLYCON INDUSTRIES - Automation Technician
A Division of Magna, Polycon Industries is a World Class supplier of automotive parts. Polycon moulds, paints, assembles and sequences automotive products to OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
Video Link - http://bit.do/polycon
The Automation Technician is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining all automation equipment including, robotics and controls programming of the various Paint and Assembly equipment and processes. Ensures preventative maintenance is kept up. Makes all necessary repairs quickly and independently.
PAY RATE: $39.78/Hr (after probationary period)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Graduate of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology (Robot and Automation Program) and/or Provincial Electricians Ticket (442A or 309A) or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with automated equipment
- Previous experience with automated paint, production and process equipment preferred
- Must have strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Strong Knowledge of Robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Motoman)
- Strong knowledge of HMI programming (FTV, View, RSView32)
- Strong knowledge of various networks (Ethernet/IP, DH+, RIO, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus2, RS232)
- Able to interpret and design electrical schematics
- Excellent problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and lead problem-solving teams
- Must have a strong awareness of safety and proven safety record
- PLC, robot and HMI programming, implementation and troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance of production and support equipment
- Repair of equipment
- Design, verification and maintenance of electrical schematics
- Assist in setting up, maintaining programming, electrical components and schematic standards
- Assist in proper maintenance of all programming software, application files and programming hardware
- Completion of all required work orders and associated paperwork
- Responsible to improve equipment reliability and uptime related to automation and controls
- Implementation of Continuous Improvement Ideas related to automation and robotics as assigned
- Other duties as assigned