At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Avian Ecologist to join our Biophysical team. We have positions that will be based in Alberta or Saskatchewan. The position will be an hourly contract from April - October 2020 with the possibility of extension.
An overview of your role will include:
- Leading breeding bird point count surveys, migratory bird surveys and migratory bird nest surveys.
- Working alone or within a team to conduct field work
- Participate in Golder and Client H&S programs and policies
You will have a background in:
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting breeding bird and migratory bird surveys
- Experience with digital data collection and data management is desired
- Willingness to travel and participate in field work away from home for extended periods of time
- Work locations are within western Canada and ability to adapt to unpredictable and/or inclement field conditions and changing schedules is required
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented
- Profession Biologist designation is an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Valid First Aid is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.