Requisition ID: 15454
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Avionics Systems Engineer - Contract Position - Toronto to join our team in Toronto, Ontario Canada . A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Aerospace Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This contract position requires detailed knowledge of avionics definition, integration, test and certification activities along with excellent project and team management skills. Must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to support frequent customer meetings and also support pursuit related activities.
A background in systems engineering along with experience in subsystem design is a must. Experience with a variety of avionics systems is required, see job specifications below. The candidate will also be responsible for providing direction, coordination, and control on assigned systems projects, including management of specific work packages for quality, scope, and schedule in accordance with established systems engineering process (i.e. traditional Project Engineering activities).
The successful candidate will contribute in the following areas:
- Interfacing with customers (both internal and external) during definition and implementation of avionic system integration
- Execute program milestones according to established schedule and ensure critical path and key dependencies are effectively managed to achieve successful outcome
- Reviewing detailed execution plans and schedules with the project management team to ensure adequacy, completeness, and harmonization with the overall program level plan
- Generating system requirements documents for physical and logical interfaces
- Defining cockpit display formats and control operation in conjunction with the customer
- Developing and running functional test procedures for all avionics sub-systems
- Advising the customer on the physical installation of avionics equipment
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing avionics problems on the systems integration rig and flight test aircraft (may involve travel)
- Documenting, tracking, and resolving avionics problems resulting from both design errors and equipment failures
- Generating certification documents for subsystems demonstrating compliance with OEM certification plans
- Supporting Change Management related activities at the program level
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable engineering or science field, and five years of related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, ten years of related experience
- Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Detailed systems knowledge is required in at least five of the following systems: AFCS, Air Data, Cockpit Audio, Cockpit Printers, Datalink, EFIS, EICAS, Enhanced Vision Systems, FANS, FMS, GPS, Graphical Datalink Weather, HUD, Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA), On-board Maintenance Systems, Radio Altimeters, Synthetic Vision Systems, TAWS, TCAS/Transponders, VHF Comm, VHF Nav, XM Weather.
- Analysis - thinking through a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
- Cooperation - Serves as a role model to his or her coworkers by demonstrating respect and sensitivity for fellow workers and promoting open discussion of issues.
- Coordinating - Provides a seamless stream of communication and support.
- Customer Service Orientation - Fully comprehends the value of the organization's customers and champions strategies to ensure world-class service.
- Dependability - Consistently produces exemplary results that can be used as prototypes for future projects.
- Judgment - Able to quickly assess the costs, benefits, and risks of a decision while using sound logic to ultimately make well-informed decisions.
- Relationships - Models the proper way to build and maintain relationships with others by consistently treating customers and coworkers with respect and dignity.
- Speaking - Consistently speaks in an engaging and articulate manner to various types of audiences.
- Normally receives little instruction on day to day work. Works under general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status. Successful candidates must fulfill requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and be eligible for a Canadian Security Clearance to the Secret Level.