API Developer (AWS)
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider and our staffing practice has an opening for a API Developer with experience building APIs in a cloud environment, Node.JS development experience, and knowledge of building CI/CD pipelines to place at our client, a top Financial Institution.
Terms: 6-month contract-to-hire
Start Date: Immediately! COVID-19 accommodated
Location: Yonge and Sheppard (currently 100% work from home, future on site requirement post COVID-19)
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send your resume in Word format to Phil Piche at email@example.com and reference API Developer
- Implements initiatives as required to deliver business objective related to development in cloud (i.e. AWS) environment
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment along side Lead Developers/BAs
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Reviews the work of other team members as required.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Designs API prototypes using Node.JS programming
- Devises new prototypes for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with serverless architectural patterns.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness specific to API development
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Clear understanding of API Development concepts, SOA architecture, and their application in solution building.
- Comprehensive understanding and skills for implementing API Service with: Web Services using REST/JSON/Swagger and SOAP/WSDL
- Security implementation using API Key, OAuth2, JWT/JWS/JWE, OpenID Connect, Lambda authorizers, LDAP, etc.
- AWS cloud development technologies like Lambda using node.js, java; API Gateway; Cloud Pipeline; Security etc.
- IBM API Connect (nice to have)
- Experience with DevOp tools, like BitBucket (git), Bamboo, Artifactory, Ansible.
- (bonus) Experience with multiple middleware technologies (Application Servers, BPMS, ESB & Message Brokers etc.)
- Effective communication and documentation skills ensuring that customers and teams have a clear understanding of solutions recommended and intended outcomes.
- Demonstrate leadership skills of leading projects, coordinating work effort among teams, triaging production issues and etc.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision