Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 500 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an Azure Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our head office in Kitchener, ON.
We construct systems for clients who demand high uptime and knowledgeable support personnel. Successful candidates will be able to work independently, providing expertise and hands-on project delivery, in a professional, consultative environment.
- Design and implement Azure based infrastructure solutions for internal & external clients including (but not limited to) network architecture, redundancy, DR failover, SaaS & DBaaS
- Communicate with project teams to determine IT requirements
- Maintain Azure Infrastructure, IaaS & SaaS with patches, updates and security policies
- Implementation and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server environments, Azure, AD, SQL/DBaaS
- Provide IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments within Azure
- Develop, document, and understand internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Document infrastructure design, implementation plans, DR & Contingency planning.
- Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Support and troubleshoot basic network and firewall issues
- Provide escalated support to assist with any issues or outages
- Evaluate new Cloud technologies & opportunities and forward recommendations to Operations team
- All other duties as assigned
- University degree/college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft's cloud applications, Azure AD, IaaS, SaaS/DBaaS as well as familiarity with PowerShell and scripting
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server, SQL/DBaaS, IIS, patching practices and failover practices
- Knowledge of security best practices
- The ability to clearly and efficiently communicate with both non-technical and technically adept personnel
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented personality with ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong desire to learn and leverage new technologies
- Industry recognized certifications are an asset, but not a requirement (such as MCSE, MCP, MCSA)
- Strong problem solving and analytical troubleshooting skills
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.