Food-X Technologies (“Food-X”) is a grocery delivery platform for third party grocers. We are committed to developing and sharing sustainable practices with other retailers to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. Think about it as carpooling for your groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping to reduce carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
Food-X is looking for a full-time, permanent intermediate Back End Developer with Micro-services Focus based out of our South Burnaby, BC head office (#105 5566 Trapp Avenue).
The Data and Insights team is responsible for helping power the Food-X's end-to-end grocery and warehouse management solution with data and intelligence. Our work will produce outcomes for millions of customers at some of the world’s most beloved sustenance providers. If we do our job right, we will be helping everyone eat fresher, healthier and more sustainably.
Our team produces tools and insights that make grocery operations more productive and safe, and internal tools that help Food-X teams understand how to achieve higher level performance for our Fortune 100 enterprise clients. We aim for clarity, performance and ever improving customer outcomes
- Help architect scalable data infrastructure of Food-X, the worlds most advanced end-to-end system of intelligence for grocery fulfillment.
- Set organizational standards on patterns, library usage, build pipelines and best practices that will empower your peers to craft exceptional software.
- Lead design, development and maintenance of data and insight services and improve the operations of grocery warehouses around the globe.
- Provide lines of sight on data to other teams, to help them be effective.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Experience designing and building highly performant micro-services.
- Database design and performance expertise, and experience getting “dirty with the data”.
- Experience leading software development teams and is dedicated to helping your team and others grow.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the following languages: node.js, python, .net Core, Java.
- 2+ years working with devops in GCS, AWS, AZURE, as well as API stubbing tools (swagger, API Management, JIRA or MSFT DevOps productivity tools.
- Demonstrated experience with microservices and distributed systems at scale.
- Proven track record of delivering well-designed and tested software.
- Solid understanding of relational databases (SQL) and architecture best practices.
- We are looking for someone who:
- Thinks, speaks and writes clearly in a way that helps others understand and make decisions.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Able to determine priorities, constraints, and offer proposals and solutions that balance short term needs, with long term strategy.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
- Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team. We value making each other successful.
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on SPUD.ca purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more