Location: Montreal, Full-Time, Permanent role
Who we are:
Valnet Inc. is a digital media company that specializes in content distribution. Valnet has rapidly grown to become a leader and global trendsetter in content creation and distribution.
A place of cutting edge innovation and fierce digital content experts, Valnet is taking editorial and video publishing to the next level. Our overarching vision and mission statement: distribute editorial and video content to millions of viewers daily across our websites, YouTube Channels, and Social Media platforms.
Why choose us:
At Valnet, we believe success happens when creativity sparks your passions. When weâ€™re not hitting content goals and changing the landscape of online content distribution, we enjoy the many perks of a sweet life at Valnet: a fully-stocked kitchen, catered breakfasts and lunches, quarterly 5 Ã 7, sports activities and more company-wide events!
Our team is ambitious and dissolves the boundaries between work, fun, and achieving milestones! As such, Valnet offers unrivaled opportunity for performance-oriented and excitable career-seekers. Our culture is based on the belief that hard work and innovation deserve an inspiring workplace with great perks such as 50% off your gym membership and many opportunities for generous performance-based incentive structures!
What you will be doing:
- In charge of new development and maintaining all public sites to optimal performance and developing CMS features for Valnet multidisciplinary teams for their day to day operations.
- Have an active role in the analysis phase when defining the features with the tech lead.
- In charge of maintaining all of the digital assets for optimal loading time using the latest technologies in order to have optimal code and programming standards.
- Be highly interested and curious about the latest web development standards and development tools.
- 5 years experience as a back-end developer.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Solid experience with Symfony frameworks (Symfony 4 a plus).
- Strong knowledge of modularization and library development approach.
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP).
- Twig templating.
- Understanding of Kanban development.
- BitBucket, JIRA, GIT, PHPStorm, Jenkins.
- Shell Script (Bash).
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, SCSS.
- Good understanding of SEO practice / Google Analytics / Google page speed.
- Experience working with high traffic websites.
- Strong team player, analytical and dynamic.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English and asset).
- Efficient problem solver.
- Deadline and results-driven.
- Extremely motivated.
You may also know this role as: Full Stack Developer, Web Developer, Dev Ops
Powered by JazzHR