Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas:
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
The candidate will part of a global Information distribution systems development team and will be involved in development and maintenance of various frontend/backend systems including middleware components, web, desktop and infrastructure components.
1. Design & implement new applications, enhance and support existing systems.
2. Utilize strong object oriented design & programming skills to implement distributed systems of multi-tier architecture.
3. Work closely with internal, external clients and users to deliver solutions.
4. Will have the opportunity to participate in system integration efforts and requirements gathering for projects involving multiple teams and systems.
In addition to this, candidate will also work on various integration/special projects that involves working with different business units like Core Equity, Prime Brokerage, and Investment Management etc. The team also works on technical R&D and proof-of-concept implementations for performance & scalability and for integrating new products and technologies in our system.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems, APIs and shell scripting
- Familiarity with networking protocols like TCP/IP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH/SFTP and SMTP
- Knowledge of Sybase or any RDBMS
- Knowledge of distributed systems, SOA, MQ Series, CXF, WebServices, Multi-threading
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A Team Player
Nice to have
- Knowledge of enterprise file transfer platforms like IBM Connect:Direct is preferable.
- Knowledge of cryptography & encryption techniques like PGP.
- Development experience on Desktop Applications.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.