Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
Data Delivery & Analysis Technology (DDAT) is a group responsible for the design and implementation of reporting systems and data analysis tools for firm-wide use. This is an associate level position for the Blastmail infrastructure that provides a bulk email service, including handling of bounced mails, tracking of submitted transactions, and various types of reporting. The majority of this person’s time will be spent working with the Blastmail platform and completing the redesign of this system. In addition to the new development work, this will involve working with clients to understand their needs and troubleshooting their problems.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test and deploy new Blastmail platform
- Provide bug fixes and new features to meet client needs on existing Blastmail platform
- Troubleshoot problems with the Blastmail platform and associated tools
- Develop tools to aid in the support of the production environment
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable environment
- Manage time and projects effectively
- Strong programming skills in Java for 4+ years, familiar with Spring framework
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Experience in implementing the full-stack applications, strong on both multithreading and concurrency handling
- Experience in testing software (e.g. Unit testing, integration testing, performance testing/tuning)
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A team player
- Knowledge/experience on Python, AngularJS, Perl will be a plus to the team
- Experience in developing distributed, performance-critical, highly available or large-scale systems
- Experience in working with Source Code Management solutions (e.g. Perforce, Git) as well as Jenkins build tool
- Knowledge about Unix/Linux based platforms
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.