We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
Make the Banff Gondola experience as inspiring, fun, informative and genuine and as possible for all Front Office employees and guests
Support, coach and ensure that each member of the front office team (Ticket Agents and Explore Rockies travel planners), provides upbeat and professional guest service that goes above and beyond our guests’ expectations
Train new staff members and provide ongoing feedback
Coordinate management of the Front Office to ensure a smooth operation, problem solve on the spot when required, report technical issues in a timely manner
Serve as the escalation point for customer service issues, handle customer concerns and react quickly and professionally
Help create a positive and encouraging team environment and motivate team to achieve sales goals
Act as the supervisor on duty - take charge of all guest services and cash handling security for the Banff Gondola
Ensure all areas of the Front Office operations meet expectations from cleanliness standards, employee appearance, customer service, safety and environmental standards
Assist with meeting the financial expectations of the department by ensuring labor costs are kept within plan
Execute all work in a safe, professional manner in compliance with H&S and our Always Honest Policy
Perform the duties of a Ticket Agent and Explore Rockies Expert as required
Actively participate in committees
- Proven leadership skills and a passion for coaching and developing employee skills
- Strong customer focus providing friendly, professional and efficient service
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate high levels of positive energy and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to thrive and lead in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and good communication and listening skills with local and international guests and staff
- Second language skills highly advantageous
- Solid knowledge of the products and services available in Banff and its surroundings
- Accuracy and efficiency in handling large amounts of cash ($CAD and $US) and debit/credit transactions under fast-paced and busy conditions
- Passion for employee and guest safety
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel required)
- First Aid Training an asset
- Physical demands including constant use of hands, repetitive actions and speaking, sitting/standing for long periods of time, frequent bending/twisting, working outdoors, and may lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Contract dates
March to October 2019 with a possibility of extension