Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for food, coupled with the desire to learn and be part of a team. You understand the dynamics of Banquet and Catering Services and can drive sales and guest satisfaction. Successful, organized and creative -- weddings, business functions, special event banquet services are your passion.
The Banquet Captain is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the banquet operations in the absence of the Banquet Manager. This includes, but is not limited to, administration, sales, BEO (Banquet Event Order) creation, and operations leadership.
The Banquets Captain reports to the Banquets Manager, and assists with the management of the Banquets team.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Coordinates all aspects of the banquet function.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and ensures sufficient supplies and equipment are available for the function.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
- Responds quickly and accurately to guest requests.
- Adheres to all banquet standard processes and hotel standard policies and procedures.
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and manager's instructions.
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
- Coordinates function details with Banquets team and kitchen staff.
- Monitors banquet personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the event.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and postings are completed.
- Displays awareness and compliance with hotels security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimising waste and broken or lost supplies.
- Guides, directs, and motivates banquet staff including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated progressive supervisory/management experience and ability to be hands on in all areas of the operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passion for developing direct reports
- Action orientated with a drive for results
- The ability to maintain composure and decision quality under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants areencouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**