Fionn Mac Cool's is searching for Bar Manager and Training Managers to join our team in Brampton!
Rich in heritage and tradition, vibrant in culture, generous in hospitality and a social spirit. We make the pub guest feel welcome and offer our unique combination of great food, beverage and live music. Our menu is driven by made-in-pub food, offering a balance between traditional Pub fare and innovative recipes. We offer a diverse selection of perfectly poured pints, whiskeys, hand-crafted cocktails and premium wines. It’s more than you would expect from a typical pub, and so we are seeking more than just your typical people.
Think of it as hosting a party at the pub every day. The ideal Bar Manager should have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and direct others. Bar Managers primary focus is to oversee bar operations, ordering and inventory. They should be present during busy times to support their team on the floor and host the party with their Guests: touching tables, engaging Guests and helping out where necessary. The Bar Manager shows respect for their team, their Guests and the brand identity. In this role, The Bar Manager is required consistently give positive and constructive feedback to staff. As a Bar Manager, passion and enthusiasm for import and craft beer, hand-crafted cocktails, bar spirits and an engaging bar atmosphere are a must!
- Create a fun pub atmosphere for all day and night parts
- Select live entertainment to enhance the late night atmosphere
- Maintain Band Booking Website and work with Bands
- Develop pub specific events and programs
- Manage local and national marking programs within the pub
- Monitor, track and evaluate effectiveness and report on metrics of all late night and promotional programs to the Publican
- Manage shift schedule and control labour costs Assist Publican in recruiting, interviewing and hiring new staff
- Ensure tram members apply brand principles and standards to improve guests experience
- Ensure pub adheres to all legislative and government guidelines (i.e. proper safe food and beverage service, AGCO, Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards, etc.
- Implement and adhere to Food Safety guidelines
- Encourage and perpetuate the pub culture through effective leadership
- Oversee the execution of front line training and marketing programs
- Oversee the application of pub principles and standards to consistently enhance guest experience
- Minimum 2 -3 years supervisory experience in foodservice/hospitality industry, bartending experience
- Post-Secondary education hospitality an asset
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Understanding of fundamental training principles and adult learning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Understanding pub culture and the ability to transfer this into behavior for all employees
Interested? If your skills and career goals match what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Apply online today
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
Some opportunities may exist with our Franchise partners which are independently owned and operated.
At this time we are not looking for assistance from recruiting agencies.