Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance. Elanco products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food. Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
We have a full-time position available for a Technical consultant based in Alberta. If you enjoy, beef lot health and adding value to a customer with strong technical support, then this opportunity is worth consideration.
With technical leadership, the Technical consultant is the external and internal technical advocate of our product brands as well as the company brand. This role promotes Elanco and its products with key feedlot customers, veterinarians, key consultants and feed mill business. The Technical consultant provides technical input in case of questions; inquiries or complaints related to the Elanco products or diseases areas. If appropriate, the Technical consultant will conduct demonstration trials for customer and/or product registration use according to established protocols. The Technical consultant will also be responsible for the interpretation and communication strategy of the results.
With his/her in-depth understanding of customer needs, the Technical consultant will provide product innovation input by anticipating change and preparing for the future.
Functions, Duties & Tasks:
- To serve as a technical advisor to customers, demonstrate strong knowledge in feedlot health, economically important diseases, and data analysis.
- To increase the technical and scientific proficiency on Elanco Beef products, conduct fieldwork and technical assessments, to generate data.
- To increase the technical proficiencies of sale representative in all Elanco beef products; travel with rep, train on Elanco beef products, disease state and industry practices; prepare technical materials and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Build & maintain strong and enduring business partnerships/relationships with technical decision makers in key accounts, with academia and researchers.
- Attend expert conference, large trade industry events to network and inform the team of industry trend, competitor messages;
- Work actively with sales and Marketing, to develop materials needed to support the strategy;
- Involve the Pharmacovigilance group when hearing about AE's according to internal SOP, and provide support for AE investigation upon request by the Pharmacovigilance group;
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- Veterinary practicing license within one of the Canadian provinces is required
- Five years field experience (practice or commercial experience)
- Team player with high degree of customer focus (Listening and questioning)
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills: ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent English (both passive and active)
- Significant field time, including overnights
- Graduate studies (MSc, or PhD)
- Computer literate on MS Office and Email
- Bilingualism (English/French) may be required depending on the geography
Estimated percentage of time spent
- Travel to Customers supporting business 40%
- Training/Teaching Sales Representatives 10%
- Technical Follow up & Adverse Events 20%
- Review technical accuracy of Promotional Materials 10%
- Contribute to sales and marketing strategy 10%
- Post Approval Product Trials Coordination 10%
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status