Behaviour Consultant – Center for Behaviour Health Sciences
Temporary Full Time (6 Months)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Behaviour Consultants who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Behaviour Consultant will provide clinical assessment and treatment recommendations through a comprehensive behavioural approach. This role will require the candidate to design, implement and monitor skill promotion and behaviour intervention programs. The behaviour consultant will also develop, implement, and supervise the training of mediators, individually or in groups in the principles of procedures of behaviour management, as well as develop, implement, and facilitate the evaluation of on-going education (in-service and seminars) to community agencies and parents.
What must you have?
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology and related experience or equivalent.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and a vehicle and be able to travel throughout York Region and/or Simcoe County.
What else do you bring?
- Current clinical experience and knowledge of behaviour therapy as it applies to the areas of developmental disabilities and positive sexuality including other special populations (e.g. brain injury, dual diagnosis including the full range of sexually inappropriate behaviour).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others and demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- The ability to fluently speak French
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.