Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
The analyst works in a team and is responsible for providing support to both clients and the team.
- Responds to client inquiries pertaining to their group insurance plans
- Builds the relationship between clients and other members of team
- Reviews and analyzes benefit plan documentation
- Updates client information on internal databases
- Collaborates with internal administrators and insurance providers regarding administration of client plans
- Analyzes payroll files, carrier files, and premium statements to ensure accuracy
- Organizes mass communication and administration packages being sent to clients’ plan members
- Attends and presents at internal training sessions to share/build knowledge of industry topics and trends
- Ensures that quality control and service standards are attained with every transaction
- Assists with special projects and perform business testing as required
- Attends and participates in client meetings on occasion
Succeeding as a Benefits Analyst will require the following core qualifications and skills
- 1 – 2 years relevant experience
- Post-secondary education and related courses in group benefits (CEBS)
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Exceptional customer focus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn internal software quickly and thoroughly
Job Grade: MS2
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.