At Alberta Blue Cross, we do things a bit differently. Our vision, dedication to customer service and community leadership set us apart from the rest. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do, and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and regularly provide opportunities for training and career growth. If you’re excited about our brand and the contributions we make to the province then we’d love for you to join us!
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, team-oriented, results-driven Extended Health Benefits Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate enjoys building relationships with clients, develops rapport quickly and has a proven track record for delivering excellent presentations.
This position plays a pivotal role in providing expert resource and leadership in the development of extended health benefit management offerings, and in showcasing Alberta Blue Cross’ expertise and value in extended health benefits management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises and supports internal and external stakeholders on issues related to the management of the extended health benefits. This includes support for presentations and meetings, and the provision of information to increase understanding of Alberta Blue Cross products and programs.
- Coordinates extended health benefit utilization reviews and work in collaboration to analyze benefit management reporting to derive recommendations for senior management and plan sponsors.
- Based on a solid understanding of the industry, the Benefits Manager continually monitors the extended health environment in order to proactively identify issues that could affect Alberta Blue Cross’ benefit management strategies.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to senior management, and supports the development of extended health benefit plan management strategies and products, to ensure Alberta Blue Cross’ benefit management capabilities are innovative, competitive and contributes to ensuring plan sustainability.
- Researches issues thoroughly and develops insightful and workable recommendations.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of Alberta Blue Cross relationships with our key stakeholders.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary education related to medical or health services and a minimum of five years of related work experience in benefits management.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and presentation skills.
- A proven track record in leadership roles.
- Proven research skills in the analysis of complex issues.
- Exceptional proficiency in developing and maintaining positive customer relationships over extended periods of time.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven commitment to providing superior levels of customer support.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.