Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Trade Surveillance team builds and executes complex surveillance models that focus on monitoring the trading practices of the Firm’s front office functions. A developer in this space partners with business analysts and other developers to drive forward the business agenda through solid design and execution.
Challenges in this space include functional programming on Hadoop spark building out processes looking for specific behavior in complex data sets in the hundreds of millions of records. Understanding the data as we work with it is key to our success.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of appropriate technical experience
- Proficiency with Java or other object oriented languages
- Basic SQL skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Scala is a major plus
- Previous experience with big data or with the trade order lifecycle
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- Work experience as level-3 support for applications
- XML-based technologies
- Unix OS, Scripting, Python or Perl
- Software architecture and design methodologies and patterns
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.