Position: Bilingual Claims Response Rep (French and English) - Temp to Perm Opportunity
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Location: Saint John, NB
Client: A well-diversified, global financial services organization and one of the largest banks in North America. The Client provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management, investment banking products and solutions to more than 12 million customers.
The primary responsibility of the Claims Response Centre Representatives is to obtain information for automobile and residential insurance claims from clients who contact the Claims Response Centre by telephone, web or fax. In this regard, the Analyst inputs information regarding the circumstances of the loss into the core claims system and directs the claimant through the appropriate services for emergency repairs, appraisals, rentals and other claim related services and informs the claimant on the next steps in the claims process.
The secondary responsibility of the Representative is to negotiate and settle non-complex automotive claims, generating financial transactions and finalizing settlements in a timely fashion.
• Delivers Legendary Customer Experiences
• Listen to client needs and treat each encounter as unique and clarify clients request to ensure they are well served.
• Effectively communicate problems or need for potential changes to allow the team leader to take further action.
• Provide clients with value-added service in explaining claims procedures and coverage and offering clear and complete information based on client needs.
• Records the accident or loss situation into the system with accurate and detailed information in order to determine the cause of loss, bodily injury, accident benefits and extensive property damage exposure (s). Where necessary identify appropriate services required by the client for example, emergency services, appraisal, rental vehicle, towing services etc.
• Meet productivity objectives set by the department in terms of average handle time, after call work, service levels, abandoned percentages, overall adherence compliance and number of incoming telephone calls handled.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure missing policies are offered to clients.
• Adapt quickly to systems changes and/or modifications.
• Apply working methods according to procedure. Where coverage exists, direct claimants through the claims settlement process by explaining coverage and procedures (in non-technical terms), recommended suppliers, and by informing the claimant of his/her obligations and responsibilities to move the claim toward settlement. Where coverage does not exist, inform the client by explaining the terms of the insurance contract.
• Take appropriate action to complete various insurance claims transactions.
• Participate openly and actively in coaching sessions by providing input and feedback to Telephone Unit, Team Leader and Quality Assurance Analyst.
• Identify needs and proactively seek coaching to generate improvement opportunities.
• Bilingualism (French and English)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to interpret the standard automobile policy and residential policy wordings
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact successfully with claimants, external suppliers, and third parties
• Data Entry
• Familiar with MS Office/Windows
• Ability to handle emotionally charged situations
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Maintain a positive demeanour and foster team spirit.
• Have excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize certain emergencies and react quickly with tact, patience and courtesy
• Possess a professional telephone manner
• Experience in the Insurance Industry is an asset)