BILINGUAL CONSTRUCTION HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR (EASTERN CANADA) / COORDONNATEUR BILINGUE DE LA SANTÉ ET SÉCURITÉ (EST DU CANADA)
Our Company is a growing and well-respected player in the construction market in Eastern Canada. They are well known for mechanical installations and have construction operations in Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. With no shortage of work, they are looking to grow their team and add a much needed Bilingual Health and Safety Coordinator to travel across their Eastern Region.
Excellent base salary, benefits and compensation perks
Our Company is committed to safety and is looking to hire dedicated Health and Safety professional to oversee the region and ensure that all construction sites are adhering to the highest standards of health and safety. If you are a professional who is knowledgeable and experienced in delivering Health and Safety Training, Conducting workplace audits and inspections, investigating incidents and implementing and managing provincially mandated health and safety programs, then you are the person for this role!
- Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from an accredited college or university
- Completion of industry-specific program of study in Occupational Health and Safety (NCSO required, CRSP preferred)
- 5+ years’ full time experience as an OH&S/CSST/provincially recognized practitioner in the construction, manufacturing and/or industrial industry
- COR Peer Auditor or equivalent
- Current with ACSA Certifications including PHSM, LSE, LEG & ATP preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety Acts and Regulations for the applicable jurisdictions (Qc. NF, NB &NS)
- Proven ability to oversee workplace injury incident investigation and claims management
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to coach, develop and facilitate health and safety programs and policies
- Direct experience implementing procedures/programs:
- Lockout-Tagout practices
- Confined Space Assessment and Entry
- Electrical Safe Work/Arc Flash
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point. SAP experience would be an asset.
- Familiarity with third party safety prequalification programs (ISNetworld, Browz, and Cognibox)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Love of the road and frequent overnight travel across the Eastern Region (Qc. NF, NB &NS)
Quebec City, QC
Bilingual Construction Health & Safety Coordinator (Eastern Canada)
Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from an accredited college or university.
Gian (John) Mele, Senior Recruiting Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Gian (John) Mele: http://stoakley.com/meet-gian-mele/
Construction | Civil
September 15, 2020
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you (“the applicant”) submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. (“SSC”) the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant’s personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC’s clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant’s qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant’s verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Excellent base salary, benefits and compensation perks