Position Title: BILINGUAL CALL CENTRE AGENT
Government of Canada's Security: Enhanced Reliability
Languages: Bilingual - Intermediate French
Location: Gatineau, QC
Start Date: asap
End Date: Dec 31, 2019
Daily Hours*: From: 8:00am to: 4:00pm, possible overtime and weekends
Receive inbound calls from and place outbound calls to the general public related to the registration and voting process for the special voting rules. Excellent people skills are required that center on courtesy and customer service, as well as strong communication skills. Skills and abilities required include familiarity with general office procedures, the use of standard office equipment and software (Windows XP or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
What you will achieve in this role
- Receiving and routing inbound calls;
- Initiating outbound calls;
- Escalating and routing calls as necessary;
- Providing verbal responses to inquiries based on approved templates;
- Providing written responses to inquiries based on approved templates during peak periods, as required; and
- Exercising tact and judgement to deal with caller inquiries and ascertain their needs and working with computer word processing and email software.
- Determining the nature and purpose of inbound calls and routing as necessary;
- Examining transaction records of callers in call tracking system;
- Answering inquiries, addressing complaints and providing information by telephone;
- Inputting, processing and updating data and records;
- Recording and maintaining calls in call tracking system;
- Working in an automated environment;
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines; and
- Shift work and overtime with little or no notice.
What you must bring to this role
Education: Secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
Experience: Minimum of six months experience in a call center or help desk environment.
Languages: Bilingual - Intermediate (French & English)
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.