VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Bilingual Service Desk Support, position number: 9553, Attention: email@example.com or call: 416-366-2600 Ext. 226
Position No.: 9553
Title: Bilingual (French/English)Service Desk Support
Type: 2 Year Contract
No. of Positions: 3
This innovative organization is seeking 3 Service Desk Analysts to provide 1st and 2nd level technical Desktop support to users through incident management by phone, email and walk-ups.
The Service Desk Analyst will provide 1st level technical Desktop support to users through incident management. He or she will focus on planning, implementation and supporting applications. They will review technical offerings/processes/applications as it relates to technical infrastructure and processes and make recommendations for enhancement, will act as a liaison between various support teams and will track assets and inventory in CMDB.
Scope of Deliverables:
- Critical hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong problem solving skills to ensure hardware and software incidents are addressed in a proactive fashion.
- Ensure clear and concise communications in relation to application outages (planned and unplanned)
- Provide a “Single Point of Contact” for issues and requests.
- Identify, log and act upon detected system failures and problems. Implement any known resolution or work-around to problems in order to restore service to the users as quickly as possible.
- Document and escalate incidents requiring new problem resolutions.
- Understand, follow and assist with the documentation or modification of Processes defined to manage our Service Desk and handle user problems and requests.
- Provide technical end-user support needs via phone and e-mail.
- Perform desk-side visits when required to address incidents
- Track all incident management and request management activities through the case management system(ServiceNow)
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktops/laptops/thin client workstations
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on multi-function printers and escalate non-routine activities to printer vendors.
- Participate in and support “first call” resolution objectives
- Recognize trends and fault patterns and escalate potential incidents to the Service Desk Team Lead.
- Identify and improve system processes to comply with Continuous Improvement objectives
- Assist in the creation of business cases
- Assist in the planning and organization of business meetings
- Maintain a high level of awareness in technology and industry trends.
- Participate in rotational on-call 7am – 7pm Mon – Sun
- Bilingual (French and English) mandatory
- Strong customer focus and orientation required, including the ability to deal with customers in a calm and professional manner.
- Strong PC troubleshooting skills, including experience in solving both hardware and software application issues.
- Prior Helpdesk/Call Centre experience
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience.
- Excellent written/oral/presentation skills.
- Independent, proactive self-starter.
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365, imaging tools such as MDT or SCCM
- Knowledge of SCCM packaging and scripting is an asset
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Palo Alto