Our Public Sector client is seeking a library assistant with background in inter-library loans, research, cataloging and procurement. The main responsibilities will include cataloging for procurement/contracting of content for the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Inventory the existing library collection;
- Quality assurance of orders and follow up as required
- Update the inventory
- Developing of documentation on standard operating procedures and updating as required
- Contribute suggestions and workflow improvements regarding document delivery and library services
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience working in a library environment.
- Proven ability to operate under minimal supervision and exercising strong decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Diploma from a recognized library technician program.
The preferred candidate will have 2+ years of experience as a Library Technician.