Bilingual New Business Case Coordinator-1900021777
The business title for this role is Case Coordinator. The primary purpose of the Case Coordinator role is to provide proactive case management, respond to case specific inquiries and escalated new business department inquiries.
The Case Coordinator will manage assigned cases or new business applications by ensuring all requirements necessary to assess the underwriting risk are obtained in a timely fashion and a pro-active update is provided to the Managing General Agency (MGA) contact summarizing their actions and the status of the case.
- Act as the primary contact for external Account Administrators, MGA partners throughout the New Business and underwriting process via one on one relationship, work assignment or email inquiry and by ensuring issues, questions and status inquiries are responded to promptly and accurately within defined SLA. The Case Coordinator is responsible for setting and managing client expectations.
- Provide pro-active communications to the appropriate MGA Administrator, account contact detailing the status of all requirement activity that has occurred to date as outlined in the Case Manager administrative procedures.
- Promptly escalate any complex service issues or complaints for immediate attention and resolution.
- Exemplify Being BMO key values to promote to a high performance culture and positive work ethic within the team.
- Ensure all requirements necessary to assess the underwriting risk are accurately ordered within defined SLA’s as outlined in the administrative procedures and all case records are accurately entered in the applicable systems.
- Identify and resolve any case specific bottlenecks or delays to ensure all necessary processing occurs within defined SLA’s.
- Maintain up to date comprehensive case notes summarizing actions taken, inquiries received including emails and phone calls received and sent.
- Act as first point of escalation for any issues raised by our customers and business partners.
- Exhibit a strong sense of advisor partnership and exceptional customer service, and carry out functions with an extremely high sense of urgency.
- Provide high degree of accurate and professional service to MGAs, advisors and policyholders by telephone, mail or e-mail.
- Act as a liaison with other teams and departments to offer assistance, where required, to ensure consistent, timely service, accommodate growth, and secure our reputation as a leading service provider
- Adhere to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma. University/College graduates preferred
- Life Office Management Association (LOMA) – FLMI or ACS (or in progress)
- Knowledge of life and critical illness insurance products and channels
- Knowledge of insurance new business administration systems
- 5+ years’ experience in New Business or Underwriting Support at a Life Insurance Company, preferred
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (required if Bilingual position)
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to proactively manage a high volume caseload
- Ability to work with multiple software applications concurrently
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team, taking direction from their leader
- Ability to organize your work to meet agreed upon deadlines independently
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.