Are you looking to make a difference ina patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen,you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated tomaking a difference. As an organization, we are united in ourresponsibility to create healthier futures.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Nurse Case Manager is responsible formanaging all aspects of program support for assigned physicians or centers(hospital or clinics) in a given geographical area, and ensures that patientsare provided easy access to the support program and access to their drugtherapy. The Nurse Case Manager also works directly with the reimbursementspecialist to help secure funding and supports the pharmaceutical team whenneeded.
PRIMARYDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medical support to patients and health care providers, including but not limited to education on specific diseases and therapies and disease management;
- Telephone support (including maintenance calls and adherence support both inbound and outbound as needed);
- Database management and ongoing auditing of files and information captured;
- Administer and adhere to case-management protocols, including clinical monitoring, data collection, on-going patient follow-up, compliance, therapy disruption/discontinuation monitoring, adverse event reporting and liaison with primary healthcare providers;
- Prepare for and attend extensive, specialized training sessions for specific therapies provided by the pharmaceutical team;
- Work directly with the reimbursement specialist and the physician to secure funding for their patient’s therapies; assist with alternative funding searches when needed;
- Attend pharmaceutical sales meetings as required;
- Attend patient meetings, conferences as needed to educate patients, providers regarding disease/product information and case management services;
- Work with patient associations and advocacy groups;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with pharmaceutical team;
- Liaise with health care providers, pharmacies and infusion clinics, and other agencies as required, to coordinate infusions, drug delivery and resolve issues as they arise;
- Clear communication to the manager, team and the client regarding the management of patient cases;
- With the managers, participate in the training process of new nurse case managers, including but not limited to shadowing & call monitoring.
- Support and collaborate with other program staff in the development and implementation of disease management programs including clinical requirements, write texts, manuals or patient pamphlets, develop compliance program parameters, needs assessments and protocols;
- Provide feedback regarding current protocols, databases, processes, inter-departmental relationships
- Be available on call after hours and weekends (24/7) for periodic telephone consultation and emails as needed by the specific program
- Responsible for reporting all Adverse Events to the assigned units/departments.
- The Nurse Case Manager will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- Bilingualism (French and English) required;
- A Bachelor’s degree or registered nurse (RN) diploma, advanced degree or specific practice management experience preferred, with five (5) years of Nursing experience;
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in sales (not required, but an asset), managed care, or clinical support, or related experience;
- The preferred candidate is a nurse with healthcare and case management experience in medical or hospital practice or the insurance or bio-pharma industry;
- Experience in hematology and/or nephrology an asset;
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong patient focus;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Internet-research and computer savvy; has strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and is a team player;
- Strong phone etiquette;
- Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information;
- Demonstrate teamwork abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions and strong negotiation skills;
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
AmerisourceBergen is apublicly traded Fortune 11 global healthcare solutions company and is one ofthe world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Innomar Strategies, a part ofAmerisourceBergen, is Canada’s leading patient supportprovider forspecialty pharmaceuticals. Through our Integrated Service Model, we delivercustomized solutions to improve product access, increase supply chainefficiency, and enhance patient care. Innomar is the trusted expert inspecialty pharmaceuticals with an unwavering commitment to patients.