We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Rehabilitation Consultant
Do you believe that work is healthy? Are you interested in being part of a team that helps people return to employability? Would you like to work at home and in the community?
We’re looking for knowledgeable, empathetic, and dedicated rehabilitation professionals to work as key members of our case management team.
You’ll manage complex disability cases in a pro-active manner with the goal of achieving a level of functional improvement that supports the earliest possible return to employability. You will work directly with the claimant as well as their employer, physician and treatment providers to achieve the required level of functional improvement to support the employability goal.
You will assess the rehabilitative needs of claimants who are disabled in order to understand the functional impact of the diagnosis. Then you will develop, implement and monitor the progress of approved rehabilitation service delivery plans based on claimant needs and contractual provisions. Research of appropriate treatment resources as well as active management of service providers resourced to achieve functional improvement toward employability goals is a pivotal responsibility in this role.
You will work in your home office with regular travel within the community.
What you’ll do:
- Live our values of Customer View; Integrity; Partnership; and Communities
- Operate with a customer focused mind-set as providing business solutions for our customers is at the core of what we do.
- Assess the potential for rehabilitation services to impact on the duration of disability of complex claims through file review as well as telephone and/or face to face interview of claimants, employers and involved treatment providers.
- Develop realistic, cost-effective rehabilitation/ return to work plans for actions focusing on return to work.
- Oversee counseling and/or referral services as necessary regarding identified needs of claimants. (disability adjustment factors; treatment; vocational solutions; community resources etc.)
- Maintain follow up contact with the claimant, focusing on barrier resolution and functional improvements made, while providing claimant support during the intervention period.
- Maintain proactive follow up with all stakeholders, including policyholders and treatment providers with the focus on returning to employability.
- Prepare written reports detailing findings and recommendations.
- Track rehabilitation activities and document case files electronically.
Who you are:
- A university degree in a discipline related to rehabilitation with experience in health or social sciences preferred.
- 5 years of experience in insurance rehabilitation or the field of rehabilitation preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills, with experience working in a fast paced environment, requiring regular re-prioritization and critical analysis/ assessment skills.
- Mental Health experience an asset.
- Ability to accommodate a home-based office with equipment supplied by Canada Life.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle are necessary due to possible travel requirements.
- Due to the high profile of a number of our clients, a Federal Government Enhanced Screening is a job requirement and this will involve fingerprinting and a credit check.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted