Bilingual Resolution Specialist (Collections)-1900021034
The Resolutions Specialist is accountable to ensure that BMO Collections meets all of its customer escalations and compliance requirements as the designee for resolutions & compliance. Support the department in resolving all product lines, executives, Ombudsman and other complaints within office in a professional manner. This role is also accountable to provide recommendations on appropriate Collections processes and other key execution activities to the BMO Collection teams.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues in Corporate Compliance
- Engage with the BMO Collections Quality Assurance Team/Customer Advocate Centre/Branch/ Compliance Officers to obtain their perspective about regional compliance activities and requirements
- Follow all BMO policies and procedures during customer calls in order to minimize risk to the business and provide the customer with appropriate information as per established regulations.
- Notifying direct manager of any cases that may exceed SLA or are high risk or contentious in nature.
- Investigate each case and engage appropriate business units in any complaints that may involve implications from a legal, media, privacy or compliance perspective. Use single point of contact resolution principles.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of compliance requirements for the banking and collection industry and to share knowledge, issues and challenges as well as sustain knowledge level for regulations
- Own and resolve complaints escalated to the BMO Executive Level
- Prepare accurate case files; sequential and professional presentation of facts.
- Preparation of Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Reports as identified by P&C Risk liaison and BMO Collections Quality Assurance
- Facilitate the delivery of consistent, standardized training programs for employees who are new-to-role or new-to-job, and other baseline learning, to ensure that employees attain required skills, knowledge, accreditation, designation and/or qualification
- Facilitate the delivery of specialized and behaviour based learning to ensure that employees have the appropriate knowledge, skills and qualifications to effectively engage, and assist customers
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, internal policies, procedures and guidelines for the purpose of audit and compliance
- Minimize reputational and operational risk by ensuring timely customer resolution, written correspondence and regulatory reporting
- Stay abreast of where risk/impact resides. Make recommendations for reducing risk.
Client & Relationship Management
- Help managers to identify specific gaps and develop and execute action plans to close these gaps, ensuring individuals can perform successfully in their roles
- Work with managers to prioritize and sequence learning and change initiatives to meet line of business objectives and market requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent BMO Product Knowledge
- Has the ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Has keen analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Pathway Connect, Office Connect, including programs such as CACS, MDIF, NCCS, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Strong background in customer service and BMO Collections
- Strong and decisive problem solver
- Well-developed communication skills in written, verbal and listening
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial laws & provisions regarding consumer debt
- Working knowledge of BMO escalation process
- Bilingual Required (French/English)
Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary diploma and/or 3-5 year Banking experience
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.