Are you Bilingual? (French & English)
Do you come from a Chemical Background?
Do you have industrial and liquid waste management experience?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role?
This role is responsible for the supervision and coordination of containerized QC Technicians on the assigned shift, the reporting of all relevant site activities and managing the quality and quantity of work performed. The Shift supervisor must be able to prioritize and delegate responsibilities, and interact with others in a clear and concise to ensure facility tasks are completed efficiently, safely, accurately and onetime.
• Assist operations manager with planning, coordinating and directing day to day containerized waste transfer/movement, receiving, loading/offloading and processing activities of the Montreal East Liquid Waste facility.
• Ensure containerized waste operations activities are cost effective and efficient within the confines of the specific facility’s ECA requirements and corporate policies & procedures.
• Ensure containerized waste is received, offloaded, stored and processed based on compatibility, cost and prioritized in a continuous flow.
• Ensure that relevant information is communicated to containerized QC Technicians, enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
• Ensures containerized QC team maintains established controls, procedures and accountability to manage safety, environment & financial performance and regulatory compliance.
• Plans, leads and assigns work for the containerized QC team to maximize productivity while maintaining compliance.
• Ensure outgoing containerized waste are organized and prepared in accordance with TDG and environmental regulations for transport including identification, classification, manifests and bills of lading.
• Co-ordinate with bulk, lab and other parts of the facility operations to ensure timeliness and accuracy of waste management activities.
• Takes a leading role in housekeeping and containerized inventory levels in accordance with company and regulatory requirement.
• Identifies and recommends improvements to processes and to procedures.
• Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality.
• Develop corrective actions to solve operation issues.
• Act as coach/mentor to assist containerized QC staff to develop their technical knowledge and capabilities in their positions.
• Ensures reports of waste inventories and daily processing records to accurately reflect the facility’s performance.
• Report and investigate all near misses/incidents/accidents resulting in personal injury and or property damage.
• Ensure the inspection and maintenance program for equipment/machinery in their department is being followed.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Inform management of any known occupational health and safety concerns.
• Operate propane fork lift w/rotator.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bilingual (French and English) • Ideal candidate would be experienced in industrial and liquid waste management with an operations background. • Environmental or Chemical Engineering Technician or Technologist of related Diploma preferred. • Extensive knowledge of TDG, Quebec Health and Safety Act preferred. • 3+ years' experience in a leadership or supervisory role leading teams to achieve safety, environment performance and regulatory compliance. • Experience and understanding of industrial and liquid waste industry preferred. • Competent computer skills (MS Windows and Office). • Strong and effective interpersonal and supervisory skills. • Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment. • Must be safety conscious and detail oriented. • Must be able to lift 55 pounds and walk up and down stairs and ladders. • Must be comfortable working in a mostly outdoor environment. • Must be willing and able to achieve proper respirator PPE fit and seal in relation to facial hair growth limits. • Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally. • Willing to work overtime, alternate shifts and occasional weekends. • Valid class 5 License and clean driver’s abstract. • Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required medical, physical, drug and alcohol testing.