MatchBox is looking for a BIM Manager for an international architecture firms’ Vancouver office. Our client is renowned for their designs in various sectors from transit, commercial, residential and institutional projects. They have won numerous awards in the field and have consistently been listed in the Top Employers and Greenest companies. The emphasis of their designs is to create buildings that are healthy and sustainable while encouraging people to thrive.
The BIM Manager will serve to manage how BIM acts as an essential part to the company’s functions. They will manage and oversee the development of BIM standards. They will create content and workflows. A key priority for the BIM Manager will be educate users of Revit at various proficiency levels to achieve technical excellence. Running workshops, creating lesson plans and providing one-on-one insight are a key part of this job. The ultimate goal for the Vancouver office is to become the technical centre of excellence. The BIM Manager will play the important function of setting the industry standards of excellence.
- To supervise and set the internal BIM standards and manage the development and implementation
- To create families and intelligent content in Revit
- To set-up projects and workflows in Revit for project teams
- To implement BIM best practices and plans of execution and collaboration
- To conduct reviews of Revit drawings and models
- To conduct training on clash detection, model reviews and model coordination
- To promote BIM collaboration and coordination across clients and various disciplines
- Experience as a BIM Manager for over 8 years in an architecture firm
- Post Secondary education in Architecture, certificate or diploma in BIM/IPD and strong ability to read architectural drawings
- Expert level knowledge of BIM software like Revit and AutoCAD or other design software
- Hands-on experience with transportation projects and the various phases is a strong asset
- Passionate about coaching and creating standards of excellence for BIM
- Collaborative team atmosphere
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
- Give back to the community and feel supported
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivalled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment