Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will be the expert in performing all blast site duties under the supervision of a blaster in charge. You will be part of a dynamic team who drives to assist in blast design and layout of drill patterns. Other duties will include:
- Learn to operate blast design software, GPS as well as technical equipment used to measure face burdens, borehole deviation and grade control as part of the design work
- Assist lead blaster and provide supervision to all blast site assigned employees
- Assist with blast site hazard assessments to ensure the blast site is a safe work environment for all involved.
- Communicate all relevant information to the blast crew, including a review of the hazard assessment through the safety tailgate meeting.
- Ensure that all equipment to be used in that operation is in good operating condition, including vehicles used for delivery of explosives products
- Ensure that all regulations, both federally (TDG, Explosives Act, Bulk Regulations, WHIMIS) and provincially (Blasting Safety and OH&S Regulations) are adhered to within the operation in regards to personnel workings, product storage, and product transportation.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all products (explosive and non explosive).
- Ensuring that company policies, safe work practices, hazard analysis, and standard operating procedures are up-to-date and followed by the employees.
What We’re Looking For:
- Completion of high school (Grade 12) with extensive experience in the related fields.
- Provincial Blasting License (enrolled in apprentice program), or be working towards a provincial blasting license once hired.
- Computer skills and an ability to communicate effectively in the terminology related to the field in the form of verbal and written reports.
- A positive professional and courteous attitude is an asset when dealing with customers on a daily basis
- Good physical condition is required with the ability to repeatedly handle 25 kilogram units
- A class 3 or higher driver’s license is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement. Ability to speak and write in French would be an asset.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + paid holidays
- Health Care + Life insurance + AD&D
- RRSP + RPP (after 1 year of continuous employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises