Job DescriptionJob Title: Booking Clerk/SecretaryWork Site: Clerical Support Services, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary: $22.94 per hourHours:
Days off: RotatingReference#: 137700-nmo
Come work as a Booking Clerk/Secretary at Vancouver General Hospital!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk/Secretary to join the team at GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Booking Clerk/Secretary, you will provide scheduling/booking, clerical and reception functions for various departments at GF Strong. Your duties may include:
- Scheduling and booking a variety of client/patient appointments and follow up visits, tests and referrals, maintaining appointment calendars for all designated physicians and/or other designated health care professionals, maintaining and printing daily schedules that integrate activities from various sites as needed, rearranging schedules to meet changing demands/requests and preparing and confirming client/patient information.
- Maintaining client/patient charts, entering data into a computerized system, and updating statistics on client/patient attendance.
- Arranging for patient transportation.
- Providing clerical functions that include typing technical and non-technical materials proficiently utilizing a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Providing reception services by greeting clients/patients and others and directing them to appropriate areas and/or responding to general inquiries.
- Answering and responding to phone messages or forwarding callers to appropriate health care professional or other personnel.
- Maintaining departmental equipment, supplies and filing systems.
- Performing timekeeping functions for designated staff as required.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Grade 12, two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.