DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Bookkeeper for our growing Indigenous Services team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for Indigenous Nations, businesses and entrepreneurs in Canada. With more than 250 Indigenous clients and 300 team members dedicated to this sector, no other firm has invested as much time and resources into serving the unique needs of Indigenous communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with the Accounting team to execute full cycle bookkeeping for First Nation clients
- Administer payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reconciliations and related government remittances, audits and WCB
- Assist with reporting templates, project out turns (verify against budgets), inventory tracking and other administrative planning as assigned
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Interact with clients and contractors; assist with business and banking setup
- Assist with year-end preparations, T4s, T5s and ROEs
- Completion of certificate or diploma in accounting and/or business would be considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a manual and computerized system
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting software programs such as Sage 50, AccPacc and Quickbooks
- Self-starter who can relate to a broad range of people, takes direction well and can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to administer and understand full-cycle accounting in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project/job cost accounting and working within the First Nation Government will be considered an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Initiative – highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.