Job Opening: Bookkeeper/ Office Manager – Full time position
Company: Mondo Globo Inc.
City: Ottawa (Center) - Ontario
Date: Feb 11 2020
Salary: ~40k to 45k yearly
- Maintain and update accounting records by performing duties such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Prepare and issue invoices and follow up on late accounts in accordance with established procedures. Pay approved invoices.
- Maintain bank account records; reconciles bank accounts and balances chequebooks.
- Prepare Accounts Payable files and process cheques for signing and distribution.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Provide and Assist the external accountant or financial manager in the preparation for audit and the production of financial statements, budgets and other financial reports by performing such duties as providing related documentation, preparing various accounting summaries and reports.
- Act as a point of contact for matters related to accounting and administrative functions
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Supervise and coordinate activities of staff (Local and overseas)
- Be involved in staff training and development, preparation of job descriptions and staff assessments.
- Maintain management information systems (manual or computerised)
- Locate suitable business premises and negotiate reasonable leasing agreements
- Provide and maintain business premises and other facilities, including plant machinery and equipment
- Review and answer correspondence
- Provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
- Coordinate travels and accommodations for staff and management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Complete and expert understanding of all accounting principles
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency with Quickbooks, including multi-currency features
- The candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual
- Minimum 3 years recent related experience
$40,000.00 - $45,000.00 /year