Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in people like you! Whether you are here for the short term or looking to pursue a future career, at Ticketmaster you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader.
The Box Office Coordinator will assist venue clients with event ticketing administration and shared ticketing services. This position will be a member of the ticketing administration team for a designated venue, or group of venues, overseeing a variety of aspects of the event ticketing operation. Primary responsibilities include providing venue specific information to Promoters, event submission, ongoing event administration (such as hold placement, ticket processing, and event updates), Box Office operations, day of show support, and settlement. The team must be able to confidently interact with other client teams such as Management, Finance, Marketing, Front of House and IT. This role is supported by and works closely with internal TM teams, Client Development Directors as well as other field and remote support groups.
This is a part-time, hourly position and hours of work each week will vary. You should expect to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as required by the venue(s) event calendar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Some duties will vary depending on the venue’s agreement with Ticketmaster but may include the following;
- Maintain and foster excellent client relationships
- Advise and assist with reporting for the venue and its Promoter clients: engaging TM Client Support resources, as required
- Assist in identifying and communicating venue requirements to ensure a complete solution for technical and general service questions
- Assist with the venue’s use of TM Products and Services
Event Management and Ticketing Service:
- Provide initial venue specific information to Promoters such as venue specs and requirements, scaling and financials
- Coordinate and communicate venue, Promoter and Ticketmaster requirements for event set-up
- Submit events to Ticketmaster for programming; manage all inventory requirements, special offers and programs on behalf of venue and Promoter
- Provide onsite event support and ensure all aspects of ticketing service are operational
- Assist TM Event Management team with new manifest creation requirements
- Manage ongoing event sales and inventory control, ensuring all operational requirements are addressed
- Day of show Box Office support for venue, Promoter and customers
- Night of show settlement and reporting, as required
- Address and resolve customer service concerns
- 1-2 years Ticketing experience, preferably in a venue environment
- Knowledge of Box Office operations, experience with Ticketmaster software preferred
- Fluent with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Client focused and strong service orientation, with related customer service experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Reliable and dependable team player with ability to work independently and under little supervision
- Certain degree of creativity and problem solving is required
- Able to adapt and respond quickly to a changing and at times unpredictable environment
- Evening, weekend and holiday availability is a requirement of this role
- Passion for live events and desire to learn about the entertainment industry!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking park in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.