The Box Office Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the box office for Mosaic Place but also including but not limited to all ticketing operations, ticket financial reporting, supervision of box office and ticket scanner personnel at Mosaic Place. The Box Office Manager is also responsible for the selection, training, motivation and evaluation of all Box Office personnel. The Box Office Manager will have to work with a team of professionals to ensure exceptional customer service is provided and delivered to internal and external customers as well as the tenant teams at Mosaic Place. Moreover, the Box Office Manager will be the main ticketing contact for the tenant teams (WHL and AAA Moose Jaw Warriors). The Box Office Manager will also champion the manifests, event builds, onsales and box office settlements for all live events at Mosaic Place.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the Box Office efforts for multiple public assembly facilities including, Mosaic Place, Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre, Great Western Lounge and any other facilities or SaskTix contracts.
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours, including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, stat holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended numbers of days
- Provide leadership for Box Office personnel. Plan, direct, and evaluate box office personnel.
- Build all events in the ticketing system, including seating manifests, price tables, holds/kills, discounts, pre-sales, etc. Set up various ticket discounts and/or promotions as required for Mosaic Place events, the WHL Warriors and the AAA Warriors and for SaskTix Clients
- Oversee will call, mobile, print at home for all ticketed events, ensuring compliance to all relevant ticket laws
- Process/fill approved charity tickets requests; document all complimentary tickets issued
- Track attendance for all events, including pre-sales, walk-ups, promotions, discounts, etc.
- Investigate and resolve ticket-related issues.
- Take the lead role in overseeing and managing the event builds, manifest and ticket settlements for all SaskTix Clients.
- Act as the administrator for the ticketing system and liaison between staff, promoters, presenters and the facility. Update and relay all box-office related event information to each department, tenant and/or client as required.
- Financial reconciliation in regard to deposits, settlements and reporting. Responsible for the collection of all ticket monies, tracking of accounts payable/receivable and preparation of sales reports/ticket revenue updates.
- Assist with the creation of and mange/control of fiscal budget for the Box Office department
- Manage all information being sent and posted through ticketing system. Exercise confidentiality and integrity upon handling personal and financial customer information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external customers and building tenants. Prepare ticketing reports for and work with tenants on system training and related premiums services ticketing.
- Management of all aspects of customer service as it relates to both internal and external customers, and building tenants, enforcing customer service principles and corporate initiatives.
- Work with all Mosaic Place premium clients to deliver exceptional customer service
- Comprehend and make inferences from written sales materials. Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration or Bachelor’s degree in related field is an asset
- Minimum five (5) years of customer service experience, including supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language required
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ticketing applications is helpful, ability to learn is essential
- Experience with Paciolan ticketing program is preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office and Social Media
- Use social media platforms to market and promote SaskTix events.
- Computer and technical skills
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.