Our client is actively seeking a Brake Press and Shear operator to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for cutting and bending metals of various types, sizes and thickness, by selecting appropriate programs and operating the Amada CNC break Press and shear
- Ensure material/finished pieces meet the quality requirements
- Producing parts from drawings and reporting non-conformance
- Checking calculations for bend allowance and planning for optimum sheet yield.
- Produce parts with intricate and precise measurements and contoured surfaces
- Effectively use hand-measuring instruments (measuring tape, square, Vernier caliper).
- Inspect work in accordance with drawing specifications and identify non-conformance.
- Complete work within expected period of time.
- Carry out preventative maintenance activities in accordance with schedules and checklists..
- Work with minimum direction from production coordinator
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience setting up and operating an Amada CNC Brake Press
- Experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Strong math competence and Understanding of detailed mechanical drawings
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety
Pay Rate: $24/hour
Shifts Available: Afternoons- 4pm- 1am
Please submit your resume today!