Branch Manager II
Company Operating Name: DUCA Financial Services Credit Union Ltd.
Company Legal Name: DUCA Financial Services Credit Union Ltd.
Business Address: 5255 Yonge St., 4th floor, Toronto, ON, M5N 6P4
Location of Work: Toronto Mount Pleasant Branch – 245 Eglinton Ave East, Toronto, ON, M4P 3B7
Job Title: Branch Manager II
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent, 38 hours per week.
Compensation: Base salary per year. Incentive program with bonus that is contingent on company and personal performance. Benefits after 3-months of employment, including Extended Healthcare, Vision Care, Dental Care, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits. Pension Plan after 6-months of employment. 4 weeks vacation. Eligible for preferred employee pricing on select banking products upon completion of probationary period.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, East, the Branch Manager leads and manages the overall branch operations and branch team, with the purpose of helping our Members do more, be more, and achieve more with their money and their lives. The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall success of the branch, including achieving branch targets and business objectives, by effectively coaching, training, and leading the team to deliver an exceptional Member experience and provide holistic financial advice.
The Branch Manager is responsible for all people management activities, including staffing decisions, performance management, and compensation decisions. The Branch Manager leads and participates in branch campaigns, acts as a DUCA ambassador in the community, and ensures branch operations are efficient and compliant. The Branch Manager also works towards achieving their personal sales goals, by meeting with Members and using their expert product knowledge to identify products and/or services that will help Members achieve their short- and long-term objectives.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Establish a Member-centric focus for the branch, promoting lobby leadership and a high-level of Member service in all interactions, through ongoing feedback and leading by example
- Coach the branch team in the development of their sales and advice skills, product knowledge, relationship development skills, and how to identify opportunities to promote DUCA and our products
- Identify external opportunities to build and develop business within the community and lead the branch in campaigns and business development activities to optimize results and acquire new Members to the branch and portfolio
- Provide day-to-day coaching to Financial Services Officers and Member Service Representatives on the total relationship with the Member, ensuring opportunities and interactions are maximized to help Members achieve their objectives
- Lead and oversee all branch activities, and motivate and encourage the team to work collaboratively in order to achieve branch and individual objectives, while always acting in the best interest of our Members.
- Coach team to resolve problems at first point of contact, and handle any escalated Member concerns
- Lead the growth, deepening, and maintenance of relationships with our Members by providing holistic advice to help Member meet their short- and long-term objectives.
- Manage performance of all employees, including training, coaching, feedback, and performance reviews
- Lead hiring and selection process
- Identify training needs for employees and develop plan to close the gap
- Provide investment advice and identify the appropriate solution including registered and non-registered term deposits, TFSAs, mutual funds, and wealth solutions that fit and meet the Members’ needs. Refer more complex investment service needs to our Wealth Management team as required.
- Open new accounts and through the process, identify additional Member needs, promoting the appropriate solution to meet these needs.
- Develop a suite of “centers of influence” outside the branch in order to support referrals and business development activity.
- Remain up-to-date on DUCA products, services, operational and risk policies and procedures
- Make decisions that mitigate risk, adhere to policy and procedure, and do what is best for the Member
- Ensure effective use and integration of the CRM in all advice-based activities
- Completion of Secondary School and non-university certificate in financial services;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in banking;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing people and leading a retail banking branch;
- Mutual funds license (IFIC or CSC) required;
- Experience utilizing digital solutions and technology to enhance the Member/ customer experience, through solutions such as virtual advisory meetings, cashless branches, paperless branches, lead generation and branch reporting;
- Experience in advisory roles in personal banking, including experience with retail credit and investments;
- Experience referring sales to other internal partners, including Small Business, Wealth Management, and Commercial Banking required;
- Extensive experience using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system;
- Must meet all requirements to be bonded, including criminal record check and credit check;
- Proven success in growing the business and establishing community and Member (client) relationships
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit both their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.