Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Location details: N/A
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Sudbury, Ontario (CA-ON)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Join Konecranes and lift up our customers through your energy for solutions and your passion for service. What heights can you rise to by joining Konecranes?
Konecranes is currently seeking a qualified Branch Manager to manage our Sudbury location. The primary responsibility of this position is through positive leadership and management skills to lead, direct and manage the profitable growth and development of the Service Branch and Staff according to the corporate strategy. This position has full P & L responsibility inclusive of all sales, operational and administrative functions.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of the service branch to meet the sales and profitability objectives. Ensure operations are providing quality services to customers and adhering to Company guidelines. Establish and review the pricing policies and profitability levels for all service activities in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Direct and manage branch service sales efforts and sales staff to ensure consistent performance in Field Repair sales activities while developing new business and from existing accounts. Generate sufficient sales to meet the budgeted sales requirements by sales category. Ensure proper procedures are followed and documentation is completed.
- Direct and manage the contract renewal process to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner and opportunities are not lost. Ensure strict compliance with all requirements of the Contract Retention policy. Contact accounts that do not renew their contract. Prepare and submit monthly report of activity.
- Administer target-marketing programs and determine sales strategies at specific accounts.
- Develop existing sales and service resources through personal interactions, formal and informal training, and utilizing other resources and opportunities within the organization.
- Oversee, collect, review and forward the key account activity reports and the contract analysis activities from the Sales Representatives to the District Manager.
- Prepare and submit monthly Rush Report for branch. Prepare and submit other reports, as required.
- Ensure quality control program is administered per company policy.
- Ensure staffing levels of branch are appropriate for volume of business. Conduct employment interviews and hire employees, as appropriate and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure branch employees receive appropriate levels of training. Coordinate training requirements and schedule with District management and within budgeted guidelines.
- Review and address various employment issues involving branch employees. Document and determine appropriate actions, following Company guidelines. Ensure performance reviews are completed for branch employees in accordance with established guidelines.
- Review unresolved billing, credit, warranty and goodwill issues and customer complaints. Determine proper course of action and ensure issue is resolved to customer satisfaction and in the best interest of the Company.
- Participate in District management team, keeping other members abreast of activities, issues and market information. Participate in strategic business development meetings and projects, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree preferred however, prior equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of formal degree.
- Five (5) years' experience in service related sales or operations preferred however equivalent experience, education and training will be considered.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience, well-developed "people" skills, a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills.
- Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing and able to work off the ground, on occasion.
- Ability to relocate to other regions of the country may be required for advancement opportunities.
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80 years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by innovative technologies designed to improve performance, reliability and safety in every part of business operations that involve heavy lifting. We look to hire customer-oriented people who thrive on learning and problem solving in a fast paced environment. In return, we offer a good salary with highly competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a Group RRSP plan with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, life & disability insurance, vacation and other leave programs and opportunities for both formal and on the job training.
Our People and Commitment
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.
Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process
*KC #MONCA #CBCA
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement